Mortgage Down Payment
Allowable sources for obtaining your down-payment
When you are adding up all of the costs to purchase and need to find more funds, you have several options.
- Equity from the home you already own. Sell the home and use the proceeds to move into your next home. Or take out a second, rent the original home and use the equity to leverage your new home.
- Home Equity Loan-Family member may have a considerable amount of equity built up in their own home that they were planning to borrow against in order to gift money to you. At some point in time it is beneficial for parents to start "gifting" to their children, as a form of tax advantage.
- Life Insurance – If you have a cash value policy, it may have matured enough to provide additional funds to your down payment.
- Stocks and bonds – You can either sell the stocks and bonds or use them as collateral on a loan for down payment.
- Company Profit Sharing or Saving Plan – Check with your employer to see about the possibility of withdrawing or borrowing from this account.
- Retirement Savings Plan (401K) – If your employer offers this type of plan, inquire about the possibility of withdrawing or borrowing from this account.
Recent Posts From Denver Dwellings on Buyer Tips
- The Rush is On!
- Getting Pre Approved Makes More Sense Than Ever
- Decisions, decisions...
- Are You Living in the Home of Your Dreams?
- First Time Home Buyers ~ Ready to Play All or Nothing?
We Know the Territory
Are you looking to buy or sell a home? Let us at The Berkshire Group assist you. We will take care of all the important and necessary details while you can attend to moving. Our business is helping you make the right decisions, guide you through negotiations, inspections and close on time. When it comes to Denver real estate, we know the territory. For experienced help with your real estate needs call now...303-589-2022.