Living in Denver
The Mile High City of Denver has something for everyone. Sports, culture, museums, parks, shopping,
entertainment and natural beauty. It’s no wonder that Denver is among the top destination cities where people plan to move.
Here are some of reasons Denver is so popular…
- Denver has an average of more than 300 sunny days per year – more than Honolulu, Miami, and San Diego.
- Denver area residents have access to more than 35 ski areas and 15 million acres of national parks.
- Denver International Airport (DIA) is currently the seventh busiest airport in the country and the 10th busiest in the world. DIA is larger than Chicago’s O’Hare Airport and the Dallas-Fort Worth Airport combined.
- The median age of residents in Denver is 34 years compared to the national average of 38.
- January 1, 1999, Denver County’s population was 506,250 compared to 497,007 in 1996.
- A short drive away from Denver, the Rocky Mountains provide numerous opportunities for skiing, camping, bicycling, and hiking.
- Colorado is a Spanish word meaning the color red.
- Professional sports teams in Denver include the 1998/1999 back to back, Super Bowl champion Denver Broncos, the NBA’s Denver Nuggets, the NHL’s Colorado Avalanche, and MLB’s Colorado Rockies.
- Twenty-six and one-half percent of Denver’s population has a four-year college degree compared to the national average of 16 percent.
- Denver’s recreational facilities include more than 100 parks, a dozen museums, two amusement parks, two water parks, US Mint, Denver Botanical Gardens, Denver Zoo, and a large performing arts complex.
Are you looking to buy or sell a home? Let us at The Berkshire Group assist you. We will take care of all the important and necessary details while you can attend to moving. Our business is helping you make the right decisions, guide you through negotiations, inspections and close on time. When it comes to Denver real estate, we know the territory. For experienced help with your real estate needs call now...303-589-2022.