Stapleton is the sight of Denver's old airport that was closed back in the 1990's and redeveloped into a premier sustainable community. Watching Stapleton grow has been very interesting. Each year it gets better as the developer, Forest City creates the new urbanism dream just minutes from downtown Denver.
The HGTV Green home of 2011 is part of the tour entitled The Global Coolness Home Tour. Fans can tour this home and 11 new home collections showcasing the coolest designs celebrating the goodness of Green!
One of my favorite builders, Infinity built the HGTV home. The design influenced by Frank Lloyd Wrights 1908 Robie House. My favorite features of this home is how they incorporated the outside spaces as part of the home. Colorado living brings with it so much bright sunshine, so it makes sense to be able to enjoy it as much as we can by expanding the living area to the outdoors!
View HGTV Green House in a larger map
In Denver? Go visit the HGTV Give-a-way Home in Stapleton...Driving Directions to the HGTV Home!
Here are some home features (credit: HGTV Green Home Brochure):
- HERS (Home Energy Rating System) score of 38. The lower the score the better. The average new home built to code is rated at 100 - making the HGTV home 62% more efficient
- ENERGY STAR certified. The national standard for superior energy efficiency.
- Significant recycled and reclaimed content - including blown cellulose insulation, interior doors constructed from beetle kill wood, and hardscape made from crushed concrete and pieces of blast fence from the old airport.
- Built with locally sourced materials wherever possible
- iPad-based remote monitoring and control of energy, lighting, home entertainment and security systems.
- Photovoltaic 5-kilowatt solar energy system providing 75% of the home's electricity.
- Most furniture and accessories are made from eco-friendly fabrics and materials.
- Most of th art is original work by local artists, purchased at local shops and galleries
Enter to Win a New Home from HGTV!
Here's the fun part, HGTV allows fans to vote TWICE a day until June 2, 2011 at 5:00 p.m. All you need to do is follow the links, input your info for a chance to win this lovely home, completely furnished, including a GMC auto in the garage! And $100,000 in cash! Wow!
HGTV Green Home Sweepstakes Entry
Entry on FrontDoor for HGTB Green Home Sweepstakes
Photos of the HGTV Green Home from my iPhone
HGTGV Green Home Tour Hours
$20 Tickets are available at StapletonDenver.com
Net proceeds benefit Urban Peak (Home is not ADA accessible.)
Open for tours May 5 - July 3
Thursday - Saturday, 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Sunday, noon-4 p.m.