Spring is here and along with the spring flowers comes a new crop of homes for sale. Metro Denver is enjoying (?) a very limited number of homes on the market with more buyers than homes! Home owners are finding it easy to sell, but there is a surprise.here isn't any one reason for this, but a combination of many reasons. Often times the seller has failed to fix a significant problem and the buyer just backs out because they can't afford to take care of that "one more thing."
Remember if you are homeowner you need to keep the home in good shape be doing regular maintenance. If for instance your roof is at the end of its useful life, then yes, you will need to replace it. The cost for this will not increase the value of your home, but will in fact allow you to successfully sell it!
Recently Houzz, the online magazine published a list of things to do to get your home ready for market. It's a read worth your time.
With Mother’s Day and Memorial Day coming up this month, there is plenty of incentive to get those outdoor spaces ready for entertaining. From scheduling house painting to organizing your outdoor cooking tools, tick these 13 items off your to-do list so you can get to the good stuff: hanging out around the grill, kicking back on the porch and savoring the season. Let the countdown to summer begin!
Here's the list:
- Check outdoor lighting
- Give potted plants some TLC (this applies to overall landscaping, especially approach to the home.
- Inspect kitchen and bath fixtures
- Check safety devices
- Get ready for grilling season
- Maintain and repair garden paths
- Clean walls an touch up paint
- Clean items on open shelves
- Refresh bedrooms
- Thoroughly clean the laundry room (and the rest of the house too!)
- Paint or stain your home's exterior (ask me about which colors are better for attracting buyers)
- Put together a picnic kit (not sure why other than having a ready reason to go relax)
- Add a relaxing porch feature
If you have other suggestions, I'd love to hear them! Please feel free to contact me for a no obligation home value report and consultation to prepare your home to sell.